Surplus of Ideas
- I don't think our Festival will expand right away, says Programme Director Raimo "Rake" Silius.
Rake Special features some really short Finnish films.
And for next year he promises more anniversary
- With this capacity we can just about survive five days.When asked about next year, Silius will only reveal some general ideas.
- We'll continue along the same lines. Anniversaries of film makers will be celebrated at least until the year 2000.
The vampire theme might produce something new as well.
Finnish Short Films
The planning will start during the spring. There are many more or less crazy ideas.
- It's damn good to be able to choose. That means we can pick the best ones, says Rake.
For Sunday he has put together a special show consisting of very short Finnish films, maximum of five minutes. But why does it say Preview 1998 above Rake Special on the programme?
- I won't tell; it's a secret. I'll let you know more about it if a certain dream comes true, says Rake.
We look forward to next year and new, crazy ideas.
Text and photo: Elina Venesmäki
Translation: Liisa Leppänen
Rake Special in Pakkahuone on Sunday at 14.00 o'clock.