Samples of Past Student Research Instruments
FIN-1 Finnish Institutions Research Paper (Hopkins)
Department of Translation Studies, University of Tampere
Following are examples of past student research instruments as as guides
for how future such instruments might be designed. However, remember
that each instrument has been designed for a specific project and purpose;
questions or procedures used in one will not necessarily be applicable as
such for another project.
Instrument examples are separated into those which were deployed as
online web questionnaires, which would normally have been introduced by an
e-mail note, printed letter, or both; and printouts (either direct
distribution, via helpers, or as a basis for interviews).
NB: Instruments are in Finnish (to collect data from speakers of
Finnish) unless otherwise indicated.
- Rosamaaria Perttola, 2010 [in English] [PDF], Images of Popularity in Selected High School Movies: Myth vs Reality?
- Laura Paatelainen, 2010 [in Finnish [PDF] and English (Webform)], The U.S Senior Prom and The Finnish Senior Dance: Influence of the Prom on the Senior Dance (see
- Johanna Eskelinen, 2008 [in Finnish
translation]. Donald Duck Comics as a Finnish Institution (see
- Satu Rinne, 2008 [in Finnish
[PDF] and English
translation [PDF]). Sauna-whisking Traditions in Finland (see paper)
- Salla Hakulinen, 2005 [English and
Here Comes the Bride: Wedding Traditions...
(see US-7 paper)
- 'Anna Annanen', 2006 [Finnish, with English
introduction] (M.A. thesis on Finnish-British Cultural
- See also the PK5
Sample Web Feedback Form and Documentation File
FIN-1 Research & Academic Writing
FIN-1 Class Schedule
FIN-1 Papers Archive
Last Updated 22 September 2010